Monday, November 16, 2009

Top 10 Fave Online Articles

Ever email links to cool or intriguing online articles to yourself? I do it all the time.

Every time I open Mozilla Firefox, I am welcomed by MSN. I often get caught up for hours on the MSN home page clicking on catchy phrases that link me to 'quick-read' online articles. Don't get me started on AOL.

So I am starting a weekly post of links to my Top 10 most recent favorite articles.

These articles may talk about anything from makeup and celebrities to tragic events and miracle stories. The articles often give me advice and some insight into my own life, the lives of others, and the world around me. Some even reference events in my life (see picture above and my #1 article for this week).

I mean, I might as well do something with these links instead of letting them languish in emails I send to myself and rarely ever open again.

My TOP 10 FAVE ONLINE ARTICLES begins today.

10. Subway wants your breakfast business
Wallet Pop, Nov 11th 2009 at 5:00PM
By Tom Barlow

In our homeland of the obese, the lunch and dinner business is saturated, so fast food retailers are looking to the breakfast market to make better use of their retail locations. ...

9. The Savings Experiment - Paper Towel Smack Down: Which leading brand gives the best bang for the buck?
Wallet Pop, Nov 2nd 2009 at 4:00PM
By Andrea Chalupa

If you're like me, you like to eat Nutella at your desk, out of the jar and offer your spoon to any busybody co-worker who walks by, looking disgusted. ...

8. The Savings Experiment - Can modern coupon clippers beat savers of the past?
Wallet Pop, Nov 9th 2009 at 1:15PM
By Julia Scott

Coupon clipping is soooo in. But if you've never done it, the whole process is kind of mysterious. How does one become a coupon diva? Watch our video savings experiment, then follow the simple five steps I outline and you'll be saving a bunch in no time. ...

7. Paperless Wall Street Gets Ticker Tape Bailout
Sphere, November 5, 2009
By Buck Wolf

Add this to the many problems confronting Wall Street: There's no ticker tape for a ticker tape parade -- and a shortage of open windows. ...

6. First U.S. marijuana cafe opens for business in Portland
Daily Finance, Nov 15th 2009 at 10:15AM
By Tom Johansmeyer
Cancel your flight to Amsterdam – the U.S. just got its first marijuana cafe on Friday. Located in Portland, Ore., the Cannabis Cafe shows how attitudes have changed. ...

5. Apology for Kids Shipped From Britain
AOL News, November 16, 2009
By Jill Lawless, AP

CANBERRA, Australia (Nov. 15) - Prime Minister Kevin Rudd issued a historic apology Monday to thousands of impoverished British children shipped to Australia with the promise of a better life, only to suffer abuse and neglect thousands of miles from home. ...

4. It's prime time for colorful meteor shower
MSNBC, Technology and Science/Space, November 16, 2009
By Robert Roy Britt
One of the best annual meteor showers will peak in the pre-dawn hours Tuesday, and for some skywatchers the show could be quite impressive. ...

3. Is Sexual Abuse By Women on the Rise?
Sphere, November 16, 2009
By Willem Marx

Are there more "female sex beasts preying on children," as the British tabloid Daily Star put it recently? ...

2. Woman's Health Horror: 'My Vagina Fell Out'
Sphere, Nov. 6
By Buck Wolf

Allison Henry isn't the first to suffer from a horrifying medical condition that few women talk about. She's just one of the few brave souls willing to come forward, so that others will have the courage to seek help. ...

1. Hundreds Line Up For Charmin(R) Open Auditions to Work in Times Square for $10,000 Salary
Holiday Job-Seekers Showcase Their Love-of-the-Loo in Hopes of Working in the Charmin Restrooms
AOL News, posted: November 16, 2009
New York, Nov. 5, PR Newswire - Source: P & G

Today, Charmin, America's favorite toilet paper brand, held open auditions in NYC as part of a national job search to find five outgoing and enthusiastic people to work in Times Square at the Charmin Restrooms this holiday season for a salary of $10,000 each! Hundreds of holiday-job-hopefuls lined up to take part in the "potty-pandemonium," each trying to convince judges that they enjoy going to the bathroom so much -- whether it be to catch up on reading or just enjoy some "me time" -- they never want to leave. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment